Literacy * Public Speaking * Call Center
UrbanFUTURE is dedicated to Preparing Tomorrow's Workforce!
Our Career Building Center has a three pronged approach to workforce literacy:
- Enrollment in Achieve3000 Reading and Writing Comprehension Program, a twice-weekly comprehensive career-focused curriculum executred online with a UF Career Coach and the student's Parent(s).
- Enrollment in Toastmasters International at the Missouri Athletic Club to study the art of public speaking (monthly meetings and projects).
- UrbanFUTURE Call Center Training and Coaching to make outbound customer relations calls to government employees on behalf of ABM Federal and Hewlett Packard.
Our students benefit in numerous ways:
- SKILLS: Reading, writing, and public speaking development
- EXPERIENCE: Real-world business skills development in the call center
- COMMENDATION: Letter of recommendation and letter sent to each student's school
- REWARDS: Prizes for participation, excellence, and program completion
- ADVANCEMENT: Students who excel could become paid hourly summer apprentices
We'd love to see you Get Involved in the Career Building Center! Enroll, Volunteer, or Donate today!